We’ve been here a little over two weeks and we don’t yet have a car, and to be honest, we’re not certain we will even get a car. I walk to and from work every day, just over a kilometer each way, along the above tree lined sidewalk on the Avenida (Avinguda in Catalan) Diagonal. It’s about a 15 minute commute, and I love that walking is such a large part of our new lifestyle. The kids walk about 10 minutes to school – actually they walk about 10 minutes to a city bus stop – where they hop on a bus for about 10 minutes and then have a short walk to their school. We may reconsider the need for a car as we begin to explore traveling on the weekends, but for now we are walking everywhere and taking the occasional bus or taxi when our legs aren’t up for the journey.
- Michelle on The Camino de Santiago.
- kara on We forgot to share one small piece of information…
- eunicehabel on Marrakech!
- william veach on Are you ready for some futból?
- bill on Are you ready for some futból?