Just a few hours away from Munich, we drove to Neuschwanstein to see the castle and meet up with a childhood friend of mine and her family (as they are living abroad in Germany). It couldn’t have been a better day! The snow was falling as we were driving through beautiful countryside.. and the kids were digging through their bags to pull on their snow gear. That’s one thing we miss here in BCN.. is the changing the weather. I can’t complain about the weather being nice 90% of the time… but that odd rainy day, or snow day… I do miss. Anyway, Neuschwanstein is a gorgeous castle built by King Ludwig II. The name of the castle means, “New Swan Stone” and the swans can be seen throughout the castle. King Ludwig, however, only slept in the castle 11 nights. And Neuschwanstein was the inspiration for Sleeping Beauty’s castle at Disneyland.
- Michelle on The Camino de Santiago.
- kara on We forgot to share one small piece of information…
- eunicehabel on Marrakech!
- william veach on Are you ready for some futból?
- bill on Are you ready for some futból?